Get involved, give back…make a difference.
In 2020, our 200+ amazing volunteers provided over 8,200 hours of service, expanding our reach and capacity in the community while also providing constant support and innovation. All of these services and many more are provided at no cost to cancer survivors and their families. At Cancer Services, we are able to help people who have cancer and educate the community on wellness and cancer risk-reduction because of dedicated donors, supporters, and volunteers.
Volunteers are vital to the success of the agency. We would love to have you as a volunteer too!
These are some of our greatest needs for volunteers. See the volunteer application below for more opportunities.
- Front Desk Volunteers assist in the office during business hours by greeting clients and answering phones. Volunteers work a 3 – 4 hour shift on a weekly basis. Backup volunteers are also needed to substitute in when a regular volunteer is unable to come in.
- Care Team Members assist our Patient Advocates and Wellness team by making follow-up calls or writing encouraging notes to clients.
- Data Entry can be done in the office or remotely from a volunteer’s home.
- Office Assistance activities can be done in the office or from a volunteer’s home and includes putting client folders, booklets or kits together or folding flyers.
- Landscaping entails keeping our office’s landscaping under control either on a regular basis or as a one time offering. Includes mowing, trimming bushes, mulching, planting flowers and holding the weeds at bay.
- Fundraising is vital to our organization and we always welcome volunteers in the community willing to have fundraisers to support Cancer Services or to assist with our annual Wrapped Up In Ribbons Fundraiser. Volunteers are needed to sell Raffle Tickets and to solicit businesses in the community for auction items and gift certificates.
To begin volunteering, complete the volunteer application and let us know your skills and interests. Once received, a staff member will be in contact to talk with you about how we can match your skills with our agency and client needs. You may also contact Malek Rais, Volunteer Coordinator, at 336-760-9983. We look forward to meeting you!