Schedule of Events
Monday August 10th Exercise: Just Get Up and Move!
- Fitness workout directed by Melissa Moore, Exercise Physiologist and CancerFITT Coordinator at Wake Forest Baptist Health High Point Medical Center. Join us for a work-out that can fit in anyone’s schedule and be modified to anyone’s fitness level!
Tuesday August 11th Survivorship and Integrative Medicine Panel
- Discussion led by Novant Health: Dr. Judith Hopkins, Medical Oncologist, Dr. Russ Greenfield, Integrative Medicine and Kim DeRhodes, Pharmacist. Learn how to maximize wellness, decrease stress and be your best self!
Wednesday August 12th Meal Planning Tips and Tricks
- Led by Julie Lanford – The Cancer Dietitian. Hear ways to make eating healthy easy, fun and less time consuming.
Thursday August 13th – The Importance of Communicating
WATCH THE RECORDING HERE! (Note that we had technical issues and were only able to record the 2nd half of the session).
- HOST – Typhany Morrison-Brooks, Cancer Services Patient Advocate
Discussion led by Wake Forest Baptist Health Comprehensive Cancer Center: Dr. Karen Winkfield, Head of the Office of Cancer Health Equity, Radiation Oncologist, and Dr. Stacy Wentworth, Medical Director of Survivorship, Radiation Oncologist. Join us for a frank discussion about communicating with your healthcare providers, accessing the care you need, and advocating for yourself and loved ones.
Friday August 14th – Art + Wellness with The Sawtooth
- Activity led by instructor Joyce Teta, Artist and Cancer Survivor. Take an hour of time to escape and let this art project introduce you to Art + Wellness. We will use Accordion Fold Bookbinding to make our own books!
Saturday August 15th
- 11:00 am Webinar — Survivors Week Celebration Party!!!!
Hosted by Julie Lanford, Wellness Director, Cancer Services and Dr. Stacy Wentworth, Medical Director of Survivorship, Wake Forest Baptist Health, and the Survivors Week Planning Committee. You will not want to miss this fun filled hour of celebration and appreciation!
We are excited to show you one of the items in your Survivors Week Goodie Bag – The Spread Hope Not Germs facemask! It’s super soft and tailored to fit around your nose. So far, the committee and staff at Cancer Services have all really loved them. As much as you can love a facemask, that is! : – )