Wellness Program Quick Links!
Our programs provide the opportunity for healing by learning from experts, meeting other survivors and giving you a way to help others in a similar situation.
Unless otherwise noted, listed programs are open to people diagnosed with cancer and their caregivers, regardless of where they are treated or what stage of treatment/survivorship they are in.
We encourage you to check out our current calendar of events. Here’s what one participant had to say about her experience:
I’m amazed how Cancer Services has adapted their programming during the pandemic, so clients can continue to pursue health!”
All Wellness Programs are offered at no charge, but please RSVP if you plan to attend.
Peer Support Programs
For many cancer survivors and their families, the greatest need is emotional and peer support. Talking with others who know what you’re going through.
Cancer Services has a variety of monthly groups you can engage with and we also offer one on one peer support.Back to Top ↑
Cancer Services has a variety of monthly groups you can engage with.
For many cancer survivors and their families, the greatest need is emotional and peer support. Talking with others who know what you’re going through creates meaningful connections.
- GI (Gastrointestinal) Cancer Group
- GYN Cancer Group
- Pink Broomstick ® Breast Cancer Group
- Oral, Head & Neck Cancer Group
After going through chemo and radiation, my wellness group allowed me to be with others who had gone through or were going through the same things.
- CancerDietitian.com– Many people facing cancer want to know how to live healthy after diagnosis. Cancer Services has a website to address current trends and share recipes. Learn from the expert! Sign up for free updates at CancerDietitian.com or visit Facebook.com/CancerDietitian.
- Cook to Thrive! Cooking Classes– Topics include foods for people in treatment, quick and easy recipes, and how to make cancer-fighting foods taste great!
- Whole Body Nutrition Counseling– Find a nutrition plan that works for you. We take a practical and positive approach to healthy eating and guiding you to the best nutrition plan for your diagnosis.
- Cancer Dietitian Podcast – Interviews and information to keep you well beyond cancer. Check www.cancerdietitianpodcast.com for details.
Cancer treatment affects many aspects of appearance. Cancer Services’ has a variety of ways to help clients feel good about their “new look”.
- Appearance Boutique – wigs, hats, turbans, scarves, and other head covering needs
- Advocate Appointments – Our advocates have experience helping other cancer clients with appearance-related needs. Drop-in or make an appointment to work with someone on staff.
All of our supplies, programs, and services are available at NO CHARGE!Back to Top ↑
Survivor Seminars & Conferences
We offer survivor educational programs and conferences including:
- Transitions Wellness Program
- Cancer Survivors Day Celebration
- Living on the EDGE GYN Cancer Conference
- Pink Ribbon Talks Breast Cancer Conference
- Ladies Night
- Guys Night
- & MORE!