Each month Cancer Services will post a special topic video with expert. Videos will be posted on this webpage and the Cancer Services YouTube channel.
Be sure to join us for our survivorship special topic discussion group on the 4th Tuesday of each month! Choose in person (1-2pm at Cancer Services office) or virtual (7-8pm via zoom).
Socializing When You’re Immune Compromised
Discussion group is on Tuesday, February 28th. REGISTER FOR FEBRUARY DISCUSSION GROUP HERE!
Our expert speaker for February is Dr. Stacy Wentworth, the medical director of Survivorship for Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Dr. Wentworth covers:
- What are the current trends or updates when it comes to COVID and other illnesses going around?
- What is the chance that a person who feels they have not had COVID, has actually already had COVID?
- For our audience of cancer patients and survivors, who are the clients who should be the most cautious in regards to being in public places?
- Is there a period of time around treatment, or around certain lab measurements that people should be extra careful?
- If people are done with treatment, what kind of immune compromised status are they at?
- What types of precautions do you recommend for people who are post treatment vs those who are receiving active treatment?
- What’s the latest on Masks and Vaccines?
- When should someone bother with a COVID test?
- If someone gets COVID, what treatments are effective? And who should get them?
Priorities and Well-Being: Maintaining Focus on What’s Really Important
Part 1 Video
In our January special topic, experts Lisa Rainwater (Oncology Counselor at Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist) and Decarlos West (Social Worker at Novant Health), help us know what’s important when it comes to well-being after a cancer diagnosis.
We touch on a few different areas that many cancer survivors and caregivers face, and give you some practical tips on how to take steps towards identifying your priorities and enhancing your well-being.
Part 2 Video
In Part 2, Julie interviews Kris Ryan, a cancer survivor and certified coach, who helps us process what we heard in Part 1 and think about how we might identify some personal next steps or goals.