Here is some follow up information from the event:
- NY Times Article that Dr Crook mentioned – Cancer Without Chemotherapy: ‘A Totally Different World’
- Feel free to send us your photo to be included in a collage of breast cancer survivors. Just reply back to this email and attach the photo! We will assume that all photos sent are ok to be included in the collage, which will be shared on our website and social media. If you want to share your photo with our committee, but prefer not to have it in the collage, PLEASE INCLUDE THAT INFO IN YOUR EMAIL. Thanks!
- The following are the Cancer Center phone numbers that were mentioned during the “Who You Gonna Call” panel: Wake medical oncology. 24-hour line: 336-713-5440
Wake surgical 24 hr line: 336-716-4276
Novant medical oncology 24 hour line: 336-277-8800
Surgery questions – call your surgeons office
Cancer Services: 336-760-9983 (business hours 9am – 4pm)
- Here are emails for our “Who You Gonna Call” panelists in case you need to reach out to them:
Liz Outlaw (WFBH Navigator) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathy Bowman (Novant Navigator) – email@example.com
Typhany Morrison-Brooks (Cancer Services Patient Advocate at WFBH) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Felicia Dobson Cancer Services Patient Advocate at Novant) – email@example.com
- Cancer Services Transitions Program – Next date is a “crash course” on Saturday, Nov 13th. Find info and register HERE!
Don’t forget — We have a lot of other great events scheduled for October as we celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month all month long.
- Breast Cancer Nutrition Myths & Truths – October 4th 12noon – 1pm
- Tuesdays in October 12:00 – 1:00 pm – Mindfulness Power Hour
- Tuesdays in October 5:30 – 6:30 pm – Chair Yoga for Cancer Patients/Survivors/Caregivers
- Wednesdays in October 9:00 – 10:00 am and/or 5:00 – 6:00 pm – Yoga for Cancer Patients/Survivors/Caregivers
- Wednesday October 20th 4:00 – 5:30 pm – Wellness Wednesday with Hirsch Wellness Network
- Thursday October 21st 12:00 – 1:30 pm – Pink Broomstick Breast Cancer Wellness Group Meeting, Topic: “Not Tonight, Honey” (sexual side effects).
- Thursday October 28th 2:00 – 4:00 pm – Art + Wellness with the Sawtooth School — Watercolors (Supplies are ready for pick up at Cancer Services. Registration is required!)
Registration for EACH EVENT is required! Registration for these “extra events” can found at: www.cancerservicesonline.org/bcmonth.
Take care and hope to “see” you at one or more of our programs soon!