Memorial Chair ~ Betty Baker
Event Sponsor ~ Allegacy Federal Credit Union
Virtual education sessions all month!
You will get emails with links throughout the month to join with those. Recordings will be posted on this webpage and sent out via email.
- Mindfulness Power Hour
Wednedays in October from 12noon – 1pm.
Register here to attend the rest of the sessions!
- Pink Broomstick breast cancer group meeting with Wiletta Friende, Founder/Owner, Calming Oncology Oasis Spa, 275 Executive Park Blvd, Suite 603.
Thursday, October 20th at noon.
- Art & wellness – Watercolor supplies were in your goodie bag. If you didn’t get them, call our office!
Thursday, October 27th at 2pm.
Navigating Health Insurance, with Joanna Morales, from Triage Cancer (Thursday, Oct 13th 6pm)
This session with national cancer legal expert Joanna Morales, the CEO of Triage Cancer was VERY informative! Triage Cancer is a really great non-profit that assists patients and caregivers with all kinds of issues related to finances and health insurance. Be sure you keep them on your list if you ever need assistance.
Here are links to many of the resources that Joanna discussed in our webinar:
- FREE one on one consultations from Triage
- Health Insurance Plan Comparison Worksheet (also works for employer plans)
- Medicare Plan Comparison Worksheet!
- Cancer and Finances Tool
- Locate a local health insurance navigator with this tool
- Legal Aid Winston Salem office has navigators that cover multiple counties
- Ciitizen – free service to get you control of your health records
‘What’s Up Doc?’ Medical Panel (Oct 6th 6pm)
Learn updates in breast cancer treatment and survivorship!
Our experts this year are:
- Dr. Patty Zekan, Retired Medical Oncologist, Novant Health Cancer Institute
- Dr. Christine Pestana, Surgical Oncologist, Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist
- Dr. Kelley Montoya, Pathologist, Novant Health Cancer Institute
- Dr. Kelli Ann Reardon, Radiation Oncologist Novant Health Cancer Institute