Join us beginning November 1st. Register Here!
This is a 5-week, self-program designed to guide you into a habit of gratitude in order to enhance your well-being during and after cancer treatment. Participants will receive an email once a week with a link to an audio interview regarding the week’s topic. We will also have a “Gratitude Action Step” each week, and participants will keep a gratitude journal.
The focus of this program is to empower survivors and caregivers to maximize their health and well-being after cancer. We will discuss nutrition, physical activity, emotional recovery, and follow-up care. Expert speakers will include cancer rehabilitation exercise experts, a board certified specialist in oncology nutrition, a licensed mental health professional, an oncologist and cancer survivors.
Challenge begins November 29th. Sign up for registration notifications here!
In this 12-week series, we will explain why fruits and vegetables are important for cancer survivor, help you increase the amount of fruits and vegetables in your diet, and bust some common myths about fruits and vegetables. The program includes 12 delicious recipes!
November 17th from 4pm – 5:30pm. Register Here!
A new collaborative monthly series with Cancer Services and Hirsch Wellness that will be cohosted by Julie Lanford and a Hirsch artist! Each program will feature Julie exploring a topic of interest and a Hirsch artist presenting an art or wellness activity.
- Art & Wellness Group – Register here! Thursday, October 28th at 4pm
- Blood Cancer Wellness Group – Register here! Wednesday, October 22nd & November 24th at 6pm
- Breast Cancer Wellness Group – Register here! Thursday, October 21st & November 18th at 12pm
- GI (Gastrointestinal) Cancer Wellness Group – Tuesday, November 9th at 6pm
Email Julie Pope for group login information.
- GYN (Gynecologic) Cancer Wellness Group – Register Here! Tuesday, November 2nd at 6pm
- Sobrevivientes – Tuesday, November 2nd at 6:00pm
Email Gloria at firstname.lastname@example.org or text “Asistire” 336-897-9191.
Please Note: These groups meet each month. For all groups, except Art & Wellness, you can register once and use the same link each month to sign in. Art & Wellness requires you to register for each month you want to attend because we need to prepare supplies for you to pick up ahead of time.
Join our local cancer specialists for one of the following upcoming classes:
- Chair Yoga with Sue Evans: Every Tuesday at 5:30pm, brought to you by Wake Forest Baptist Health.
No registration needed, click here to join the class.
Sue Evans, MBA/MHA, RYT500
- Yoga for Cancer with Angela Gallagher: Every Wednesday at 9am and 5pm, brought to you by Novant Health.
Join online via facebook: https://www.facebook.com/northjoyyoga
Contact Angela Gallagher for details – NorthJoyYoga@yahoo.com or 414-5942.
Hirsch Wellness programs are FREE for Cancer Patients in Treatment, Survivors & Caregivers. See their upcoming classes here!
Our office will be closed Thursday, November 25th and Friday, November 26th.
Connect with us on social media!
Comments, Suggestions, or Feedback?
Please call our office at 336-760-9983 or email Julie here!
Monday – Thursday 9 AM – 4 PM
Friday 9 AM – 2 PM