Navigating Health Insurance
Do you need to make choices about Health Insurance coverage? Do you want to know what your health insurance covers or how to appeal a decision if you’re denied? Check out our educational seminar with special speaker Joanna Morales, from Triage Cancer!
Triage Cancer is a really great non-profit that assists patients and caregivers with all kinds of issues related to finances and health insurance. Be sure you keep them on your list if you ever need assistance.
Here are links to many of the resources that Joanna discussed in our webinar:
- FREE one on one consultations from Triage
- Health Insurance Plan Comparison Worksheet (also works for employer plans)
- Medicare Plan Comparison Worksheet!
- Cancer and Finances Tool
- Locate a local health insurance navigator with this tool
- Legal Aid Winston Salem office has navigators that cover multiple counties
- Ciitizen – free service to get you control of your health records
Fall/Winter Head Coverings Available
Do you need to keep your head warm due to treatment related hair loss or thinning? Come by our office and get a warm, cozy hat! We’ve pulled out our fall/winter supply and our Patient Advocates are ready to help you pick the perfect one for your style!
Here’s Sherry showing off our fall had display!
Cancer Transitions Crash Course
Saturday, November 5th at 9 am- A one-day, crash course of our transitions program designed to answer “What’s Next?” after cancer treatment. This program helps survivors:
- decrease worry and anxiety
- improve quality of life
- increase knowledge regarding physical, mental and social health
Expert speakers include cancer rehabilitation exercise experts, a board-certified specialist in oncology nutrition, a licensed mental health professional, an oncologist, and cancer survivors. Snacks and lunch will be provided.
Attitude of Gratitude
Begins Monday, November 7th – A 5-week program designed to guide you into a habit of gratitude in order to enhance your well-being during and after cancer treatment. This program is open to patients/survivors as well as caregivers.
“Optimizing Lung Cancer Survivorship” Webinar
Thursday, November 10th at 6 pm – Join us in celebrating Lung Cancer Awareness Month with a webinar titled, “Optimizing Lung Cancer Survivorship.” Speakers include Dusty Donaldson, lung cancer survivor and advocate and founder of the DustyJoy Foundation & Jonathan McGuirt, PA at Novant Health. This webinar will be moderated by Morgan Gable, Lung Cancer Nurse Navigator at Novant Health.
Eat The Rainbow – Winter Edition
Begins Monday, November 28th – A 12-week series designed to help you understand the facts and myths about fruits and vegetables and why they are important for cancer survivors. This challenge aims to help you increase your fruit and vegetable intake and focuses on fun winter recipes.
CancerDietitian.com turns 15!
You’re Invited to celebrate 15 years of www.cancerdietitian.com! Come by our office on November 8th between 8am and 11am to catch up with Julie and enjoy coffee and a treat from Grinder Coffee Truck. Reply back to this email if you plan to come!
Can’t make it but want to celebrate somehow? Consider making a donation to help us continue offering great Cancer Dietitian programming!
- Cider & Art Holiday Party: Thursday, December 8th – We are kicking off the holidays with a hot start! Join us for our Cider & Art Holiday Party with Sawtooth School for Visual Art. Join us at the Mary Alice Warren Community Center anytime between 4pm and 7pm to make your holiday art piece and enjoy some hot cider.
If you would like to be added to our wellness group reminder list, please register here!
- Breast Cancer Wellness Group – Thursday, November 17th at 12pm
- GI (Gastrointestinal) Cancer Wellness Group – Tuesday, November 8th at 6pm
Email Julie Pope for group login information.
- GYN (Gynecologic) Cancer Wellness Group – Tuesday, November 1st at 6pm
- Oral, Head, Neck Cancer Wellness Group – Wednesday, November 9th at 3pm.
- Sobrevivientes – Wednesday, November 2nd at 6pm.
Email Gloria at firstname.lastname@example.org or text “Asistire” 336-897-9191.
- Survive & Thrive YA Meetup – Tuesday, November 1st at 5:30 pm
- Chair Yoga with Sue Evans: Every Tuesday at 5:30pm, brought to you by Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist.
No registration needed, click here to join the class.
Sue Evans, MBA/MHA, RYT500
- Yoga for Cancer with Angela Gallagher: Every Wednesday at 9am and 5pm, brought to you by Novant Health.
No registration needed, click here to join the class.
Contact Angela Gallagher for details – email@example.com or 414-5942.
- Yoga for Cancer Patients: Every Monday at 9 am and Friday at 10am, brought to you by Novant Health.
Novant Integrative Medicine
725 Highland Park, Suite 200 (upper level)
Highlights for November Programs at Hirsch Wellness include:
- Exploring Creative Writing Online with Ginger Gaffney
- Paper Quilling Holiday Ornaments Online with Mavis Liggett
- What is your Story of Healing through Art? with Kim Cuny (online)
- Breathworks for Pain and Anxiety Online with Beverly Vaughn
- And our weekly Taiji-Qigong, Chair Qigong, Yoga, and meditation classes
For additional information on all class offerings, visit Hirsch Wellness Classes.
Just email us back if you can help.
Our office will be closed November 24th & 25th.
Connect with us on social media!
Comments, Suggestions, or Feedback?
Please call our office at 336-760-9983 or email Julie here!
Monday – Thursday 9 AM – 4 PM
Friday 9 AM – 2 PM