November is here everyone! And this means holidays are just around the corner! Don’t forget to take care of yourself during this season and join us for our programs. Join our Nutrition Webinar in the comfort of your own home or come to the Cancer Transitions Crash Course to learn what comes next after cancer. Join our self-guided Eat the Rainbow Program if would like to learn how to add more nutrients to your diet.
We also want to let you know we will be CLOSED on November 23 and November 24 in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. May you have a wonderful time with your loved ones and eat yummy foods!
Here are more details about our November Programs. Register for them now!
Webinar: Nutrition Hot Topics
Thursday, November 9th at 3pm ET
Join Julie as she shares what you need to know about food and cancer during this month’s free webinar!
Lung Cancer Lunch and Learn
On Thursday, November 16th from 12- 1:30 pm, Cancer Services will be hosting a lunch & learn for lung cancer patients, survivors, and caregivers!
This program is IN PERSON! Join us to learn from our expert panel and participate in an interactive discussion about support resources for people facing lung cancer.
Cancer Transitions Crash Course is a 1 day program designed to allow the experts explain “What’s Next?” after cancer treatment.
Saturday, November 11th, starting at 9am IN PERSON
This program helps survivors:
– decrease worry and anxiety
– improve quality of life
– increase knowledge regarding physical, mental, and social health
Eat the Rainbow Fruit & Veggie Challenge (VIRTUAL) starting November 27th!
A 12-week email-based program designed to help you increase your fruit and vegetable intake! Invite your friends and family to do it with you!
In this 12-week series, we will:
- Bust some common myths about fruits and vegetables
- Explain why fruits and vegetables are important for cancer survivors
- Help you increase the amount of fruits and vegetables in your diet
Every week, you will receive an email containing some great information as well as a delicious and easy recipe highlighting different fruits and vegetables.
Healing Hands appointment times are available. Complete the registration form to receive more information.
We have a variety of healing touch appointments available. If you’re interested, simply register through our website and respond to the confirmation email. We will get you scheduled as soon as we can!
- Hispanic Survivorship FIESTA – Friday, December 1st at 6pm
- GI Group at Novant – Tuesday, December 12th at 6pm
- Holiday Art and Cider – Thursday, December 14th at 6pm
- Office Closed for Winter Holidays – December 22nd, 25th, and 26th.
If you would like to be added to our wellness group reminder list, please register here!
- Breast Cancer Wellness Group – Tuesday, Nov 21st at 7pm. Topic: Nutrition & Cancer
- GI (Gastrointestinal) Cancer Wellness Group – Tuesday, Nov 14th at 6pm.
Email Julie Pope for group login information.
- Oral, Head, Neck Cancer Wellness Group – Wednesday, Nov 8th at 3pm.
- Hispanic Survivor Wellness Group – Wednesday, Nov 8th at 6pm at Cancer Services.
- Multiple Myeloma Group (at Novant Cancer Institute) – Wednesday, Nov 15th 12pm – Topic: Understanding Lab Results
Healing Hands Programs help you relax and improve your stress. We have amazing volunteer practitioners who are available to schedule you for reiki, healing touch or facial. Just call our office to reserve your spot! (Note that we prioritize those who are in active treatment, or recently completed treatment).
- Yoga for Cancer with Angela Gallagher: Every Wednesday at 9am and 5pm, brought to you by Novant Health.
No registration needed, click here to join the class.
Contact Angela Gallagher for details – email@example.com or 336-414-5942.
- Yoga for Cancer Patients: Every Monday at 9 am and Friday at 10am, brought to you by Novant Health.
Novant Integrative Medicine
725 Highland Park, Suite 200 (upper level)
Other Survivorship Opportunities!
Dara Kurtz, a local breast cancer survivor, is teaching a course for cancer survivors, starting tomorrow, sponsored by Wake Baptist/Atrium Health. She has 1 spot open. It’s a 4 week, online course, helping survivors learn to move forward. Find information here: https://redcap.wakehealth.edu/redcapccc/surveys/?s=9XHKDAJMLR4KMWWR
Hirsch Wellness Network
Hirsch Wellness Network empowers cancer patients in treatment, survivors, and caregivers with self-expressive Arts and Wellness opportunities! Programs are free of charge, allowing all who participate to enjoy group activities that support their emotional and physical well-being. FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER ONLINE, go to HirschWellnessNetwork.org. We look forward to seeing you!
Connect with us on social media!
Comments, Suggestions, or Feedback?
Please call our office at 336-760-9983 or email Julie here!
Monday – Thursday 9 AM – 4 PM
Friday 9 AM – 2 PM