This month’s updates:
- Programs for November include Cooking Class, Nutrition Webinar, Art & Wellness, Yoga and Wellness Groups!
- Looking forward – December Programs
- Cancer Survivor Research Study
- Delicious Desserts: Cook to Thrive! Survivorship Cooking Class Recording & Recipes
- Nutrition Webinar: What is a “Healthy Weight”? Webinar Recording & Resources
- Hirsch Wellness Programs
- You Are Not Alone: Connect with us on Facebook, Youtube, via our podcast, the Triad Cancer Connection, and our new Instagram page!
NOVEMBER WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Please let us know if you are interested in attending any, or ALL, of these upcoming programs, which will be held online using Zoom technology. You can use a computer, tablet or smart phone to join and we are happy to assist you!
We’re proud of how you all have adapted and we have very much enjoyed “seeing you” in our online programs and through email and phone calls. We do miss seeing you in person, and we prioritize your health and safety. For the foreseeable future, we will continue offering programs virtually.
Check out our programs for October
- GYN Cancer Wellness Group: Register Here!
Tuesday, November 3rd at 6pm
- Cancer Nutrition Q&A Session – Register here!
Thursday, November 5th at 29m
- GI Cancer Wellness Group: Tuesday November 10th at 6pm
Email Julie Pope firstname.lastname@example.org or call 336-718-5499 for more information.
- Nutrition Webinar – Nutrition and Cancer Treatment Toolbox: How to Eat While Managing Cancer Treatment Side Effects
Wednesday, November 11th at 8pm
- Breast Cancer Wellness Group: Combined with Art & Wellness Workshop on 11/19!
- Blood Cancer Wellness Group– Register here!
Wednesday, November 17th at 6pm
- Art & Wellness – Register here!
Felt Star Ornament Making facilitated by The Sawtooth School for Visual Art. Supplies will be provided if registered by Nov 13th.
Thursday, November 19th from 12-1:30pm.
- Cook to Thrive! Survivorship Cooking Class – Details and Registration here!
Theme: Seasonal Favorites
Wednesday, November 18th at 11am
- Chair Yoga with Sue Evans: Every Tuesday at 5:30pm, brought to you by Wake Forest Baptist Health.
No registration needed, click here to join the class.
Sue Evans, MBA/MHA, RYT500
- Yoga for Cancer with Angela Gallagher: Every Wednesday at 9am and 5pm, brought to you by Novant Health.
Join online via facebook: https://www.facebook.com/northjoyyoga
Contact Angela Gallagher for details – NorthJoyYoga@yahoo.com or 414-5942.
Sample of the ornament participants will make during Novembers Art & Wellness class!
For more information regarding any of the above classes by email Julie or call our office (336-760-9983)!
LOOKING FORWARD TO DECEMBER
Mark your calendars for our fun activities to liven up your December!
- Nutrition at Home! Q&A with Julie Lanford – Register here!
Julie will cover the basics around nutrition and cancer for people in treatment, the key things that people need to know about nutrition after treatment and leave plenty of time to answer your questions!
Thursday December 3rd at 2pm
- Introduction to Mindfulness – Register here!
Join us as Sara Bridges, LCSW gives us an overview of how mindfulness can benefit our health & wellness. She will spend time offering us tools to use and guide us through a mindfulness activity. All are invited!
Thursday, December 10th 2-3:30pm
- Holiday Party Virtual Edition! – Register here!
Our team is planning a fun evening of games to enjoy together. Our virtual party will take the place of most of our wellness groups for the month of December. All are invited!
Wednesday, December 16th 7-8:30pm
Cancer Survivor Research Study
George Washington University is requesting participation in a study to better understand cancer survivor experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic. This information will be used to understand cancer survivor needs and inform survivorship care going forward.
The survey is available in English, Spanish, French and Chinese and should take about 20-30 minutes to complete. Respondents will be offered a $25 incentive for completion. If you are interested, take the COVID and cancer survivor experience survey here.
If you have questions about the study, please contact the researcher, Mandi Pratt-Chapman, PhD at email@example.com.
Julie hosted a Cook to Thrive! Survivorship Cooking Class in October. It was a fun group, they asked lots of great questions and the recipes are delicious!
Thanks to Intern Courtney for helping to get Julie prepared for the class, hosting and moderating while she cooked!
Find the Recipes here:
We have two options for this, both great as a dip with fruit or graham crackers!
- Chocolate pudding with avocado. This version will provide more fiber, and mono-unsaturated (heart healthy) fats. It’s very smooth and creamy.
- Chocolate pudding with tofu . This version would be less fat and would be a good source of protein. It is a little less of a full texture since there is less fat. Great way to use up an avocado that will go bad in a day or 2.
We hope you enjoy!
Julie’s October webinar topic was “What is a Healthy Weight? Key Components of a Healthy Lifestyle.”
We are grateful that Amber Thomas, RD, CSO (of www.cancernutritionsolutions.com) joined Julie to add her expertise to the conversation.
If you want a copy of the slide set you can download it here.
Hirsch Wellness Network!
Hirsch would be happy to have Cancer Services’ clients join in on their classes and there are many to choose from! All are free of charge!
Hirsch Wellness Network, located in Greensboro, was founded in 2008 and offers cancer patients/survivors/caregivers a variety of wellness programs and they are currently all offered online!
Cancer Services is Here to Help!
We are happy to talk with you at 336-760-9983. We are available from 9am – 4pm Monday-Thursday and 9am – 2pm on Fridays.
Is there something we can do to help you? In order to keep you and our staff safe, please call us before you come by the office so we can determine if you need to come or not. Many of our services can be delivered by phone or online!