Here’s what you’ll find in this update!
- START DATE FOR MOVE MORE STRESS LESS: April 5th – Register Today!
- Special program registration links, including Nutrition Q&A class, Nutrition Webinar (Carbs: Necessary or Not?), and Feb cooking class (Delicious Desserts)
- Wellness group dates and registration links, including art & wellness link for April
- Transitions Program in May!
- Organic vs. Conventional webinar recording
- Support Cancer Services by Joining our Virtual Auction Event!
START DATE FOR MOVE MORE STRESS LESS – April 5th!
This spring, stay active and cope with stress by moving it on out! This program is a virtual program. Sign up to get our weekly emails, track and report your physical activity!
It begins on April 5th!
We will start at the beginning of April and take you through May.
All participants will receive an email once a week (on Mondays, starting April 5th) with the wellness topic of the week and link to an exercise video (optional). At the end of the week, you will report your physical activity. Any amount counts!
Of course, the best prize of all is feeling good & less stressed! To help motivate you, we will have prizes for participation and grand prize drawings at 4 weeks and 8 weeks. Grand prizes will be delivered by mail, but due to the cost of postage, participation prizes must be picked up.
Join us for one of the following special topics coming up:
- Cancer Nutrition Q&A Session – Register here!
Thursday, April 1st at 2pm
Julie will cover the basics around nutrition and cancer for people in treatment, the key things that people need to know about nutrition after treatment and leave plenty of time to answer your questions!
- Nutrition Webinar – Carbs: Necessary or Not?
Wednesday, April 14th, 8pm EST – Register here!
In social media and popular culture, there seems to be an assumption that “Organic is Healthy.” But what does the science say? And what about foods that you can’t get organic, or are genetically engineered? We will cover all these questions and more, while giving you the most evidence-based and up to date information that will leave you feeling confident about your food choices.
- Cook to Thrive! Survivorship Cooking Class – REGISTER HERE!
Wednesday, April 21st at 11am
Our theme for this survivorship cooking class is DELICIOUS DESSERTS! You don’t want to miss this one!
- Chair Yoga with Sue Evans: Every Tuesday at 5:30pm, brought to you by Wake Forest Baptist Health.
No registration needed, click here to join the class.
Sue Evans, MBA/MHA, RYT500
- Yoga for Cancer with Angela Gallagher: Every Wednesday at 9am and 5pm, brought to you by Novant Health.
Join online via facebook: https://www.facebook.com/northjoyyoga
Contact Angela Gallagher for details – NorthJoyYoga@yahoo.com or 414-5942.
Also – be sure to check out all the virtual programs that Hirsh Wellness Network is offering! They are located in Greensboro and their calendar of events can be found here.
Join a Wellness Group This Month!
These groups meet each month. For all of them, except Art & Wellness, you can register once and use the same link each month to sign in.
Art & Wellness requires you to register for each month you want to attend because we need to prepare supplies for you to pick up ahead of time.
- Art & Wellness Group – Register here!
Meets on Thursday, April 22 from 2pm-4pm (2/25).
Visit the Art and Wellness Group web page for more information!
- Blood Cancer Wellness Group – Register here!
Meets every fourth Wednesday at 6pm (3/24 and 4/28). Visit the Blood Cancer Wellness Group web page for more information.
- Breast Cancer Wellness Group – Register here!
Meets every third Thursday at 12pm (4/15). Visit the Breast Cancer Group web page for more information.
- GI (Gastrointestinal) Cancer Wellness Group
Meets every second Tuesday at 6pm (4/13).
Email Julie Pope for group login information.
- GYN (Gynecologic) Cancer Wellness Group – Register Here!
Meets every first Tuesday at 6pm (4/6). Visit the GYN group web page for more information.
Transitions Program in May
Transitions is a 4-week program that Cancer Services offers for our community. It is designed to answer “What’s Next?” after cancer treatment.
This program helps survivors:
- decrease worry and anxiety
- improve quality of life
- increase knowledge regarding around physical, mental and social health.
The program is offered to anyone in our community who has recently completed active treatment for cancer and/or a caregiver!
Virtual Course via Zoom!
Thursdays, May 6, 13, 20, 27 at 7:30pm
[WEBINAR] Which Is Best? Organic or Conventional
In social media and popular culture, there is a big debate about which type of foods are better, organic or conventional. In this webinar, we discussed what they are, how these foods are grown, labeling, and which one is better for you. This was an informative webinar for knowing where your food comes from and what different food labels really mean.
Watch the webinar recording here!
The following is discussed in the webinar:
- Definitions of what organic and conventional foods are
- Organic food labels and what they mean
- Big factory farms vs. small local farms
- GMOs & “No-till” farming
- Common assumptions about organic and conventional farming
Feel free to contact Julie if you have questions or need nutrition advice or join her Q&A session on April 1st. (No… it’s not a joke)!
And of course, you can always find her latest nutrition tips and science-based recommendations on www.cancerdietitian.com.
Support Cancer Services by Joining our Virtual Auction Event!
Our 2021 Wrapped Up In Ribbons event is just around the corner!
To be in compliance with NC Social Distancing Regulations, this year’s event will be a “Virtual Celebration and Online Auction Benefit”. The festivities will begin on Wednesday, April 21st with a preview available starting April 19th. It will close on Saturday, April 24th.
Find more information, or purchase tickets here!
Cancer Services is Here to Help!
Be sure you connect with us via Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram!
We are happy to talk with you at 336-760-9983. We are available from 9am – 4pm Monday-Thursday and 9am – 2pm on Fridays.
Is there something we can do to help you? In order to keep you and our staff safe, please call us before you come by the office so we can determine if you need to come or not. Many of our services can be delivered by phone or online!