This week’s updates:
- Survivors Week Update!
- ENews Frequency Announcement
- Programs for next week and the week after!
- NEW Nutrition Challenge: Eat the Rainbow!
- Hirsch Wellness Programs
- Coronavirus Quick Links
- You Are Not Alone: Connect with us on Facebook, Youtube, via our podcast, the Triad Cancer Connection, and our new Instagram page!
Survivors Week Update!
We told you to SAVE THE DATE for Aug 10-15 for our postponed Survivors Day Celebration. Our committee has planned a full week of webinars that will end with an online party! RSVP at www.cancerservicesonline.org/survivorsweek
Look for our ad in the Winston Salem Journal on Sunday, and the Chronicle on Thursday. We will be highlighting our 2020 Patient Advocate Award Winners in our upcoming emails.
Now that we are all settling into a “new normal” we are going to adjust the frequency of our e-newsletter. Starting in July, we will send the email twice a month! You can expect our next update to come during the week of July 6th.
If you have questions about programs, you are always welcome to email us, or call the office!
Please let us know if you are interested in attending any, or ALL of these upcoming programs, which will be held online using zoom technology. You can use a computer, tablet or smart phone to join and we are happy to assist you!
PROGRAMS NEXT WEEK AND THE WEEK AFTER!
Can you believe we are already looking at the beginning of July? The last several months have felt like a time warp. Everyone has learned about all kinds of new technology!
We’re proud of how you all have adapted and we have very much enjoyed “seeing you” in our online programs and through email and phone calls. We do miss seeing you in person, and we prioritize your health and safety. For the foreseeable future, we will continue offering programs virtually.
Check out our programs for June 29th – July 10th!
- Chair Yoga with Sue Evans: Tuesday, June 30th at 5:30pm, brought to you by Wake Forest Baptist Health
Contact Sue Evans for sign in information!
Sue Evans, MBA/MHA, RYT500
- Yoga for Cancer with Angela Gallagher: Wednesday, July 1st and July 8th at 9am and 5pm, brought to you by Novant Health.
Join online via facebook: https://www.facebook.com/northjoyyoga
Contact Angela Gallagher for details – NorthJoyYoga@yahoo.com or 414-5942.
- Gentle Yoga with Valerie Kiser: Monday, July 6th at 10am
Join Valerie’s class here!
- GYN Cancer Wellness Group: Tuesday July 7th at 6pm
Register for the group by clicking here.
- Lung Cancer Wellness Group: Wednesday July 8th at Noon
Register for the group by clicking here.
- Cook to Thrive! Summer Veggies: Wednesday July 8th at 8pm
Register for this cooking class by clicking here. Thanks to the Clemmons Community Foundation, the “Eating Well Through Cancer” cookbook will be available to you at no charge!
For more information regarding any of the above classes by email Anna or call our office (336-760-9983)!
NEW PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENT!
A few weeks ago, Julie asked her Cancer Dietitian audience to assist in crafting a fun name for a new virtual program that she and our nutrition intern, Carolyn, have been working on.
We are excited to announce that the name will be EAT THE RAINBOW! Fruit & Veggie Challenge. A 12-week challenge focused on what you CAN eat instead of what you can’t.
Check out her info session for details!
The challenge will officially start on Aug 17th and we are currently in the phase of recruitment. There’s no charge, and very little risk. All you need is email and a positive attitude!
Hirsch Wellness Network!
Hirsch would be happy to have Cancer Services’ clients join in on their classes and there are many to choose from! All are free of charge!
Hirsch Wellness Network, located in Greensboro, was founded in 2008 and offers cancer patients/survivors/caregivers a variety of wellness programs and they are currently all offered online!
STAY WELL WHILE STAYING HOME
- For ideas on how to keep moving while safe at home, click HERE.
- For a full page of resources to exercise your brain, click HERE.
- For nutrition information, click HERE.
CORONAVIRUS QUICK LINKS
- Interview with Jeff Ungetheim about dealing with stress and anxiety.
- Interview with WFBH Dr. Stacy Wentworth regarding what Cancer Patients and Survivors should know about coronavirus.
- Find CDC Mask Guidelines Here!
- Measures for Protecting Yourself and Others
- Hand Hygiene for Healthcare Providers
As a reminder:
Please call us before you come by the office so we can determine if you need to come or not. We want to keep all our clients safe, and our staff as well.
We are happy to talk with you at 336-760-9983. We are available from 9am – 4pm Monday-Thursday and 9am – 2pm on Fridays.