This week’s updates:
- Local Juneteenth Celebration
- Next Week Programs: Yoga & Blood Cancer Group and an Info Session about our NEW Nutrition Challenge: Eat the Rainbow!
- Cook to Thrive! Survivorship Cooking Class Recording
- Featured Recipe: Chickpea Curry and Golden Latte
- Hirsch Wellness Programs
- Coronavirus Quick Links
- You Are Not Alone: Connect with us on Facebook, Youtube, via our podcast, the Triad Cancer Connection, and our new Instagram page!
Today is Juneteenth!
2020 Marks the 155th anniversary of Freedom Day! Enjoy the rich African American cultural traditions at the 16th Annual Juneteenth Festival of the Triad VIRTUAL Celebration. There will be African dance, music, marketplace, panel discussions, storytelling.
Saturday, June 20, 2020 at 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM EDT
Check out their Facebook Event Page HERE!
Please let us know if you are interested in attending any, or ALL of these upcoming programs, which will be held online using zoom technology. You can use a computer, tablet or smart phone to join and we are happy to assist you!
PROGRAMS NEXT WEEK!
- Monday, June 22nd at 2pm: “Eat the Rainbow” nutrition program info session.
Click here to register.
- Tuesday, June 23rd at 5:30pm: Chair Yoga with Sue Evans, brought to you by Wake Forest Baptist Health
Contact Sue Evans for sign in information!
Sue Evans, MBA/MHA, RYT500
- Wednesday, June 24th at 9am and 5pm: Gentle Yoga with Angela Gallagher, brought to you by Novant Health.
Join online via facebook: https://www.facebook.com/northjoyyoga
Contact Angela Gallagher for details – NorthJoyYoga@yahoo.com or 414-5942.
- Wednesday, June 24th at 6pm: Blood Cancer Wellness Group
This month’s group will be focused on peer support and work to facilitate social connections via Zoom.
Click here to register.
For more information regarding any of the above classes by email Anna or call our office (336-760-9983)!
NEW PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENT!
A few weeks ago, Julie asked her Cancer Dietitian audience to assist in crafting a fun name for a new virtual program that she and our nutrition intern, Carolyn, have been working on.
We are excited to announce that the name will be EAT THE RAINBOW! Fruit & Veggie Challenge. A 12-week challenge focused on what you CAN eat instead of what you can’t.
Join us on Monday, June 22nd for an info session where we give you all the details including when the program will start!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE PROGRAM INFORMATION SESSION!
It’s going to be fun, and delicious 12 week program and you won’t want to miss out! But don’t worry … if you can’t make it Monday, we will have it recorded and available to watch later.
COOK TO THRIVE! Survivorship Cooking Class Recording
If you missed our cooking class from this week, don’t worry… it’s recorded and available for viewing! We had a great time and the recipes are delicious. Check it out!
You can find the recipes here:
Hirsch Wellness Network!
Hirsch would be happy to have Cancer Services’ clients join in on their classes and there are many to choose from! All are free of charge!
Hirsch Wellness Network, located in Greensboro, was founded in 2008 and offers cancer patients/survivors/caregivers a variety of wellness programs and they are currently all offered online!
STAY WELL WHILE STAYING HOME
- For ideas on how to keep moving while safe at home, click HERE.
- For a full page of resources to exercise your brain, click HERE.
- For nutrition information, click HERE.
CORONAVIRUS QUICK LINKS
- Interview with Jeff Ungetheim about dealing with stress and anxiety.
- Interview with WFBH Dr. Stacy Wentworth regarding what Cancer Patients and Survivors should know about coronavirus.
- Find CDC Mask Guidelines Here!
- Measures for Protecting Yourself and Others
- Hand Hygiene for Healthcare Providers
As a reminder:
Please call us before you come by the office so we can determine if you need to come or not. We want to keep all our clients safe, and our staff as well.
We are happy to talk with you at 336-760-9983. We are available from 9am – 4pm Monday-Thursday and 9am – 2pm on Fridays.