Here’s what you’ll find in this update for July!
- Eat The Rainbow Challenge: Begins June 28th. Learn WHY we are told to eat fruits and veggies as well as learning how to implement them into your diet in this twelve week “challenge” Sign up today!
- Gratefully Well Program: Begins July 5th. Open to patients and survivors as well as caregivers.
- Upcoming events for the month of July
- Wellness group dates and registration links, including art & wellness link for July
- Cook to Thrive Program update
By now, you have likely been told to “eat more fruits and vegetables” countless times by friends, doctors, dietitians, etc. But have they ever explained why eating more fruits and vegetables is beneficial for a cancer survivor? What about how to add more fruits and vegetables into your diet? Lastly, with all of the conflicting nutrition information out there, how are you supposed to tell what is a myth versus what is a fact?
In this 12-week series, we will do all of that for you!
Gratitude Program Starts July 5th!
Life is Great When You’re Grateful!
Join us for a special 5 week program designed to guide you into a habit of gratitude in order to enhance your well-being during and after cancer treatment. This program is open to patients/survivors as well as caregivers.
It begins on July 5th!
This program is designed for you to do “on your own”, or with a virtual Gratitude Huddle once a week, on Tuesday evenings at 7:30pm.
Want to read about some simple ways to incorporate gratitude into your lifestyle? Check out this article from Coping Magazine! The Healing Power of Gratitude for Cancer Survivors
Other Events in July
Join us for one of the following events coming up:
- Nutrition Q & A with Julie, The Cancer Dietitian
July 1st at 2 pm
Julie will cover the basics around nutrition and cancer for people in treatment, the key things that people need to know about nutrition after treatment and leave plenty of time to answer your questions.
- Restorative Yoga Class! Join First Descents and Triage Cancer for a FREE restorative yoga class. It’s a national online event with cancer survivors across the country!
July 22nd from 1pm – 2:30pm
- Chair Yoga with Sue Evans: Every Tuesday at 5:30pm, brought to you by Wake Forest Baptist Health.
No registration needed, click here to join the class.
Sue Evans, MBA/MHA, RYT500
- Yoga for Cancer with Angela Gallagher: Every Wednesday at 9am and 5pm, brought to you by Novant Health.
Join online via facebook: https://www.facebook.com/northjoyyoga
Contact Angela Gallagher for details – NorthJoyYoga@yahoo.com or 414-5942.
- Cancer Services Transition Program: Tuesday Aug 10th, 17th, 24th and 31st from 7:30pm – 9pm.
Transitions is a four week program designed to answer many survivors’ question of, “what’s next?” Register Here!
Also – be sure to check out all the virtual programs that Hirsh Wellness Network is offering! They are located in Greensboro and their calendar of events can be found here.
Here are two of their upcoming virtual programs we thought you might like to check out!
- Resting in Awareness Mindfulness Meditation – June 24th 6:00 – 7:30 pm
Information and Registration
- Creative Immersion — July 13th 1:00 – 2:30 pm
Registration Required by June 29th so they can mail supplies to you!
Join a Wellness Group This Month!
These groups meet each month. For all groups, except Art & Wellness, you can register once and use the same link each month to sign in. Art & Wellness requires you to register for each month you want to attend because we need to prepare supplies for you to pick up ahead of time.
- Art & Wellness Group – Register here!
Meets on the 4th Thursday of the month from 2pm-4pm (6/24 and 7/22).
Visit the Art and Wellness Group web page for more information!
- Blood Cancer Wellness Group – Register here!
Meets every fourth Wednesday at 6pm (6/23 and 7/28). Visit the Blood Cancer Wellness Group web page for more information.
- Breast Cancer Wellness Group – Register here!
Meets every third Thursday at 12pm (6/17 and 7/15). Visit the Breast Cancer Group web page for more information.
- GI (Gastrointestinal) Cancer Wellness Group – HYBRID (Attend In-Person or Virtual) STARTING IN JUNE!
Meets every second Tuesday at 6pm (7/13).
Email Julie Pope for group login information.
- GYN (Gynecologic) Cancer Wellness Group – HYBRID (Attend In-Person or Virtual) STARTING IN JUNE! Register Here to Attend Virtually!
Meets every first Tuesday at 6pm (7/6). Visit the GYN group web page for more information.
Cook to Thrive Update!
In July, Aug, and Sep, the Cook to Thrive! program will transition into a monthly email with recorded recipe videos featuring recipes to go along with the theme of each month. These recordings will pair with the Eat the Rainbow Challenge!
Cancer Services is Here to Help!
We are happy to talk with you at 336-760-9983. We are available from 9am – 4pm Monday-Thursday and 9am – 2pm on Fridays.
Is there something we can do to help you?