Your guide to finding affordable Health Insurance: Let’s Get Covered!
Did you know that individuals without health insurance have worse health outcomes than individuals who are insured? This is because uninsured individuals tend to receive less medical care and less timely care. Get covered and receive the medical care that you deserve!
If you do not have health insurance, check out these resources to assist in getting covered:
Health Insurance Navigators – Through Legal Aid in Winston-Salem, Health Insurance Navigators can assist in getting you health insurance on the marketplace. They can help you compare plans and choose the one that’s right for you. Some people may qualify for financial assistance to purchase a plan.
All appointments are free and confidential.
Schedule an appointment by calling 1-855-733-3711
Insurance Agents – These Individuals specialize in finding the right health insurance plan for you.
Things to look for in a health insurance agent, according to Healthcare.gov.
- Check to see if the agent is licensed in your state and has signed agreements to sell marketplace health plans. Check if your agent is licensed on this website.
- Find out what plans they are able to provide or sell. Some agents only sell certain plans, and they might not sell the plan that’s best for you.
- Ask if you would qualify for tax credit or savings, if enrolled.
Healthcare.gov also recommends these three things to know before picking a health insurance plan.
- The four categories of health insurance plans: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum.
- Your total cost for health care: such as premiums, deductibles, copay’s, and out-of-pocket cost.
- The different plan and network types: HMO, PPO, POS, and EPO.
While you are uninsured here is a list of free clinics:
Community Care Center – Offers medical care, however, only for uninsured individuals. There is no fee, and you must establish yourself as a patient.
(336) 723-7904 (English and Spanish callers)
2135 New Walkertown Road
Winston Salem, NC 27101
Samaritan Medical Clinics– Offer free medical and dental care, for uninsured individuals. Equipped to handle only minor conditions.
A limited number of patients are seen at both clinics on a “first come first serve” basis.
The Winston-Salem Rescue Mission Clinic is located at 710 Trade Street and is open on Mondays and Thursdays from 7 to 9 am. Dental care (extractions only) is available on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month.
710 Trade St NW
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
The Southside Medical Clinic is located at 401 East Sprague Street and is open on Tuesdays and Fridays from 7 to 9 am. Spanish interpreters are available at this location.
401 East Sprague Street
Winston Salem, NC 27127