SURVIVORSHIP SPECIAL TOPIC!
In January we had our first Survivorship Special Topic Expert Interview and Survivorship Discussion Group! We had great info and good discussion. Inspired by client feedback, our February topic is:
These expert interviews will be available at the beginning of each month, on our Survivorship Special Topic webpage, and also on our YouTube channel and The Triad Cancer Connection podcast. We offer a digital, printable reflection guide to go along with the topic and invite you to join with our staff and other survivors for a discussion group, either in person, or online, on the 4th Tuesday of the month.
Discussion group is on Tuesday, February 28th. REGISTER FOR FEBRUARY DISCUSSION GROUP HERE!
Our expert speaker for February is Dr. Stacy Wentworth, the medical director of Survivorship for Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Dr. Wentworth covers:
- What are the current trends or updates when it comes to COVID and other illnesses going around?
- For our audience of cancer patients and survivors, who are the clients who should be the most cautious in regards to being in public places?
- Is there a period of time around treatment, or around certain lab measurements that people should be extra careful?
- If people are done with treatment, what kind of immune compromised status are they at?
- What types of precautions do you recommend for people who are post treatment vs those who are receiving active treatment?
- If someone gets COVID, what treatments are effective? And who should get them?
WATCH THE VIDEO RECORDING:
We hope you will join us for one (or all!) of the special topics this year! Do you have a suggestion for special topics or speakers we should interview? Just email Julie! She’d love to hear your ideas.
COOKING WITH ANGELA AND JULIE! February Recipe Videos:
We’re excited that Julie, our Cancer Dietitian is partnering with Angela Dennison from Wellness House (a cancer support non profit in the Chicago area) on recipe videos this year! Their plan is to get 3 videos for you every other month.
Since this is February, they chose our main dish to be centered around some red foods, for heart month!
Be sure to check out the page for each recipe to view the video and printer friendly recipe. You can also find all our recipe videos on the Cancer Dietitian YouTube channel!
Here are the recipes!
Let us know what you think!
Thursdays in February at 7 pm (virtual)
A 4-week program designed to answer “What’s Next?” after cancer treatment. This program helps survivors:
– decrease worry and anxiety
– improve quality of life
– increase knowledge around physical, mental and social health
Tuesday, February 28th at 1 pm (in-person) or 7 pm (online)
Please join this monthly discussion group to gather with other survivors and connect through shared experiences. We will be discussing the pre-recorded interview, “Socializing When You’re Immune Compromised.” Click here for more information.
Thursday, February 23rd at 2pm
Join us for a wellness group focused on healing through art, provided by Cancer Services and Sawtooth School for Visual Arts . Supplies will be available for pick up at Cancer Services 1 week prior to the class. February we will be doing oil pastels!
- Move More, Stress Less – Begins Monday, March 6th
- Survivorship Cooking Class – Tuesdays in March
- Nutrition Webinar: Protein – Wednesday, March 15th at 8 pm
- Well Beyond Cancer Blood Cancer Seminar – Wednesday, March 15th at 12 pm
- Survivorship Topic Discussion Group – Tuesday, March 28th at 1pm (in person) or 7pm (via zoom)
- Art & Wellness – Thursday, March 23rd at 2pm
- Cancer Transitions Reunion – Date TBD.
- Special Topic Video – Chemo Brain: Brain Games for Brain Function
If you would like to be added to our wellness group reminder list, please register here!
- Breast Cancer Wellness Group – Tuesday, February 21st at 7pm.
- GI (Gastrointestinal) Cancer Wellness Group – Tuesday, February 14th at 6pm
Email Julie Pope for group login information.
- GYN (Gynecologic) Cancer Wellness Group – Tuesday, February 7th at 6pm
- Multiple Myeloma Group – Wednesday, February 22nd at 12pm
- Oral, Head, Neck Cancer Wellness Group – No meeting this month.
- Sobrevivientes – Wednesday, February 1st at 6pm.
Email Gloria at email@example.com or text “Asistire” 336-897-9191.
- Survive & Thrive YA Meetup – Tuesday, January 7th at 5:30 pm
Healing Hands Programs help you relax and improve your stress. We have amazing volunteer practitioners who are available to schedule you for massage, healing touch or facial. Just call our office to reserve your spot! (Note that we prioritize those who are in active treatment, or recently completed treatment).
- Chair Yoga with Sue Evans: Every Tuesday at 5:30pm, brought to you by Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist.
No registration needed, click here to join the class.
Sue Evans, MBA/MHA, RYT500
- Yoga for Cancer with Angela Gallagher: Every Wednesday at 9am and 5pm, brought to you by Novant Health.
No registration needed, click here to join the class.
Contact Angela Gallagher for details – firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-5942.
- Yoga for Cancer Patients: Every Monday at 9 am and Friday at 10am, brought to you by Novant Health.
Novant Integrative Medicine
725 Highland Park, Suite 200 (upper level)
Highlights for February Programs at Hirsch Wellness include:
- Perceptions for Healing – with meditation instructor Eowyn Ahlstrom
- The Book of Your Journey – with Fine Art Book Maker Susanne Baker
- The Fine Art of Paper Quilling – with artist Mavis Liggett
- Miniature Haitian Art Flags – with textile designer Jacqui Mehring
- Storytelling through Photography – with Photographer Dave Dulaney
- Why Do Poems Have Feet – with author and writer Molly Haile
- Stitch Club – with Jacqui Mehring and Vanessa McCormick-Penn
- And our weekly Taiji-Qigong, Chair Qigong, Yoga, and Meditation classes
For additional information on all class offerings, visit Hirsch Wellness Classes.
Connect with us on social media!
Comments, Suggestions, or Feedback?
Please call our office at 336-760-9983 or email Julie here!
Monday – Thursday 9 AM – 4 PM
Friday 9 AM – 2 PM