Why Support Cancer Services?
With over 16,000 nonprofits in North Carolina alone, we are honored to have supporters like you. Cancer Services has been working in our community for over 60 years and we are proud to serve cancer patients and their families. Here are some reasons why you should support Cancer Services:
- 100% of funds remain in our community & all contributions are tax-deductible as Cancer Services is a 501(c)3 organization.
- We are the only agency in our region providing comprehensive cancer support needs.
- Our services address needs for individuals with any type of cancer and their families.
- Someone can access our services at any time after diagnosis.
- All of our services are provided at no charge.
- Our agency is not affiliated with any national cancer organization and the needs we address are specifically identified as necessary within our community.
- We work closely with organizations and the major medical centers in our community to insure we are meeting identified needs and that there is no duplication of services.
- With a staff of 17 and 730 volunteers providing 15,300 hours of service, the agency was able to reach individuals from 62 NC counties.
- Over $38,000,000 in financial resources were provided to insure access to treatment support for all cancer survivors with direct and in-kind assistance.
- For every $1 of direct assistance, another $448 were secured from in-kind resources.
- 4,538 cancer survivors were helped in 2018, at an average of 15 contacts per client.
- Over 97% of the programs provided were to targeted at-risk community members.