Survive & Thrive Wellness Programs
Our programs provide the opportunity for healing by learning from experts, meeting other survivors and giving you a way to help others in a similar situation.
All Wellness Programs are offered at no charge, but please RSVP if you plan to attend. Unless otherwise noted, listed programs are open to people diagnosed with cancer and their caregivers, regardless of where they are treated or what stage of treatment/survivorship they are in.
Click here for an updated calendar of our programs!
Our Healing Hands programs help reduce stress, pain, and anxiety. A variety of services are provided including:
- Massage Therapy
- Healing Touch
- Reiki Therapy
- Scar Therapy
- Kernersville Spa Day
Call 336-760-9983 for a current schedule and to make an appointment today or click here for more details!
For many cancer survivors and their families the greatest need is emotional and peer support. Talking with others who know what you’re going through.
Cancer Services has a variety of monthly groups you can engage with and we also offer one on one peer support. For peer support needs, contact a member of our staff.
- Laryngectomee Group– 1st Sunday of each month at 3pm. Meets at Novant Health DLD Cancer Center.
- GI (Gastrointestinal) Cancer Group– 2nd Tuesdays at 6pm. This group unites survivors and caregivers through support and education; offering resources for the challenges of every stage of the journey. Includes diagnoses of colon, rectal, pancreatic and stomach cancer. Meets at Novant Health DLD Cancer Center.
- GYN Cancer Group– 1st Tuesdays at 6pm. GYN cancer survivors are invited to share, support, and learn together. Meets at Novant Health DLD Cancer Center.
- Pink Broomstick ® Breast Cancer Group– Join other breast cancer survivors for sharing, support and information. Meets at Cancer Services on the 3rd Thursdays at 12 noon.
- Surviving Lung Cancer– 2nd Wednesdays at 12 noon. Join this survivor group that celebrates successes, hopes and friendships. Meets at Cancer Services.
- Blood Cancer Group– 4th Tuesdays at 6pm. For people facing a diagnosis of leukemia, myeloma, or lymphoma. Caregivers are welcome. Meets at Cancer Services.
- Sip ‘n Stitch– 2nd Fridays at 12 noon and 3rd Fridays at 10am. Bring your crafty project and socialize with other survivor stichers. Tea, coffee, and snacks provided. Meets at Cancer Services.
- Sobrevivientes – 2nd Tuesdays at 6pm at Cancer Services, Inc.
- Oral, Head, and Neck Group– 2nd Wednesday at 3pm. Meets in FRCC Conference room at Derrick L Davis Cancer Center.
“After going through chemo and radiation, my wellness group allowed me to be with others who had gone through or were going through the same things.” ~ Jean P. Heath
For more information on any nutrition program please contact our “Cancer Dietitian” at 336-760-9983 or for an updated calendar, click here.
- CancerDietitian.com– Many people facing cancer want to know how to live healthy after diagnosis. Cancer Services has a website to address current trends and share recipes. Learn from the expert! Sign up for free updates at CancerDietitian.com or visit Facebook.com/CancerDietitian.
- Cook to Thrive! Cooking Classes– Topics include foods for people in treatment, quick and easy recipes, and how to make cancer fighting foods taste great! Click here for more info! (Printable Flyer Here – Cook to Thrive Flyer)
- Whole Body Nutrition Counseling– Find a nutrition plan that works for you. We take a practical and positive approach to healthy eating and guiding you to the best nutrition plan for your diagnosis.
- Cancer Dietitian Podcast – Our newest nutrition program! Check www.cancerdietitianpodcast.com for updates and details.
Cancer treatment affects many aspects of appearance. Cancer Services’ has a variety of ways to help clients feel good about their “new look”. All of our supplies, programs and services are available at NO CHARGE!
- Appearance Boutique – wigs, hats, turbans, scarves, and other head covering needs.
- Advocate Appointments – Our advocates have experience helping other cancer clients with appearance related needs. Drop in or make an appointment to work with someone on staff.
- Sephora’s Brave Beauty Program – offers skin care and make up instruction. For more info and dates, click here.
Survivor Seminars & Conferences
We offer survivor educational programs and conferences including:
- Cancer Transitions Wellness Program
- Cancer Survivors Day Celebration
- Living on the EDGE GYN Cancer Conference
- Pink Ribbon Talks Breast Cancer Conference
- Healing Art with Sawtooth
- Ladies Night
- Guys Night
- & MORE!