Are you over 18 and under 40ish? This group is for you!
To sign up and join the group, register here!
Looking for the Webex link to join the meetup? CLICK HERE!
The Survive & Thrive meetup is a time specifically for young adults that have been treated for cancer between the ages of 13-39, to get together. Our fantastic group is made up of survivors whom look to connect with others that have faced similar battles and thrived through it all.
Talking with someone other than a parent, doctor or friend that actually gets what you’ve been through is crucial. Come hang out!
This group is facilitated by Abbie Mauney, AYA Program Manager at Atrium Health Cancer Center.
When: The 2nd Wednesday of the month at 5:30pm.
Throughout the year we have….
- Chit Chat nights – to share and support each other.
- Art & Wellness tutorials
- Special Topic Speakers – such as dietitians, counselors, and oncologist.
- Community Support – Life after Cancer, Cancer and careers, webinars, professional development, become volunteer mentors or patient advocates.
We are always open for new topics!
Remaining dates for 2023:
- June: “I’m Not Ovary-Reacting” Pride and Fertility Month
- July: Virtual Art Class with Atrium’s Cancer Patient Support Program
- August: Fighting Cancer With Your Fork: Myths & Truths about Nutrition & Cancer with Julie Lanford, MPH, RD, CSO, LDN, author of www.cancerdietitian.com.
- September: Dealing with Scanxiety
- October: “#SquadGhouls “How to Be Your Own Advocate” with Cancer Services Patient Advocate
- November: “Let’s Give em’ Pumpkin to Talk About” Challenges of Survivorship with Atrium Survivorship Clinic
- Dec: “Deck the Halls, But Not Your Family“ Fight back against depression during