This week’s updates include:
- Support Cancer Services during our ONLINE Auction!
- You Are Not Alone: Connect with us on Facebook, Youtube, via our podcast, the Triad Cancer Connection, and our new Instagram page!
- Healing Through Art Virtual Program – Thursday 4/23 @ 2:30pm
- Wellness Group Updates
- Nutrition Info – Food Safety & Cancer
- Featured Recipe: Roasted Sweet Potato and Broccoli
- Ways to Stay Well While Staying Home
- Funny Finds & Heart Warmers
- Coronavirus Quick Links
Help people facing cancer in our community have HOPE!
Our annual “Wrapped Up In Ribbons” fundraiser helps us raise almost 25% of our annual budget, and is critical in our ability to provide services. We have canceled an in-person event due to safety concerns amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
BUT…we can still have an online party with a purpose! We encourage you to continue to support us in this uncertain time by browsing our auction items and shopping to continue to support.
You can also simply make a donation by clicking HERE. We appreciate all of our loyal sponsors and donors.
We also have new episodes on the Triad Cancer Connection Podcast!
- Is Takeout Food Safe? And Other Wellness Topics! 04/03/2020
- Staying Well While Staying Home 03/28/2020
- Coronavirus Cancelled Everything, So What Now? 03/20/2020
As a reminder:
Please call us before you come by the office so we can determine if you need to come or not. We want to keep all our clients safe, and our staff as well.
We are happy to talk with you at 336-760-9983. We are available from 9am – 4pm Monday-Thursday and 9am – 2pm on Fridays.
Wellness Through Art Zoom Group: April 23rd – 3– 4pm
For this hour we will create art with paper and pen through a Zoom video call! ALL ability levels are welcome. Computer or mobile device required.
We will guide you through this activity, which is simple and relaxing. Participants will be encouraged, BUT NOT REQUIRED, to share!
Wellness Groups Gone Virtual!
Did you miss Julie’s Food Safety Webinar last week? Check it out here!
- Cut sweet potatoes and broccoli into small chunks.
- Toss in a container with olive oil (or drizzle olive oil on them and toss them with your hands)
- Add salt and pepper and toss some more
- Roast in oven at 400 degrees for 30-45 minutes. You’ll know they’re done when they have a little crisping on the edges. I also try to mix them around after 20 minutes or so.
- NOTE that you want to make sure your veggies are not piled on top of each other. Otherwise they will steam each other instead of getting crispy on the edges.
Video Interview: Nutrition and Immunity
Julie does a weekly interview with the Northwest Area Health Education Center. Last week she discussed the evidence regarding how to support your immune system.
- For ideas on how to keep moving while we are stuck at home, click HERE.
- Don’t forget about our MOVE MORE. STRESS LESS. VIRTUAL PHYSICAL ACTIVITY PROGRAM. It is never too late to join!
- For a full page of resources to exercise your brain, click HERE.
Here are some fun stories to keep you laughing! We all need something to laugh about. : – D
- Peep Surgery– We are glad to report this that the surgery was successful.
- National Cowboy Museum– Meet the museum’s security guard who was roped into managing the social media account because of the shut down. Now he is known by his #HashtagTheCowboy.
- The Greensboro Police Department has new uniforms! Or do they? See for yourself here!
- Tired of this quarantine? You are not alone! Our favorite Disney characters are too!
Community Cheers On 15-Year-Old After Final Round of Chemotherapy
Arvada Police Help 102-Year-Old Celebrate Birthday Amid Coronavirus
- Find CDC Mask Guidelines Here!
- Measures for Protecting Yourself and Others
- Hand Hygiene for Healthcare Providers