Do you feel like you “KNOW what to do, but can’t DO it!” ?
Try this POWERFUL COMBINATION: Mindful Eating + Smart Nutrition!
Join other like-minded cancer survivors as Debra Benfield, M.Ed, RD, LDN, RYT, of Body In Mind Nutrition leads this powerful 8-week workshop.
Using a Body-Centered approach for optimizing nutrition and health after a cancer diagnosis, this program is designed to help you:
- Become More Comfortable with Your Eating with the support of Nutritional Insights and Mindful Eating Practices
- Learn to Prevent Emotional Eating
- Manage Stress without Using Food
- Learn Mindful Eating Practices
Thursdays, September 15 – November 3 from 5:30pm – 7pm. Dinner is provided!
100% of last year’s participants report an increase in nutrition knowledge as a result of the program.
What have past participants said they learned?
- Learning to eat and enjoy it. Also, that I don’t have to eat a lot but just eat something healthy. The food was very good!!
- Deb was wonderful. I loved meeting others in the group. Sad that it is over.
- More awareness of what I’m eating than anything else, no so many processed foods any longer.
- Awareness about eating. Feeling supported by other cancer survivors
- Very good program. I enjoyed the nutrition info and chef Malena was excellent. I would recommend this class to everyone!
Location: Novant Health Cancer Center (1010 Bethesda Ct., Winston-Salem, 27103)
Times: Thursday evenings from 5:30 until 7:00 p.m. for 8 weeks. DINNER IS PROVIDED!
Cost: This workshop is a value of $700 for each participant, but is offered to you at no charge, thanks to a generous grant from the GYN Fund of the Novant Health Foundation (Athena’s Run).
Group size will be limited and participants must be able to attend at least 6 sessions.
People who participated in this program in the past cannot repeat.
RSVP: Julie LG Lanford, Wellness Director, Cancer Services, Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 336-760-9983